Preston Minster, formerly known as Preston Parish Church, is a decorated neo-gothic building completed in 1855. Several previous churches occupied the site since the 7th century. In 2001-3 extensive refurbishment was undertaken, the pews removed, and underfloor heating installed. To mark the granting of City status to Preston in 2002 on the occasion of the Queen's Golden Jubilee, the church was elevated in status. At this time the nave was re-purposed for community use. The Minster continues to function as the Civic Church of Preston for official occasions, and for regular worship.
St John's Minster